Saturday, June 1, 2013

DIY Dog Mom: Soda Bottle Sprinkler!

Recently on Facebook, I saw a fun post circulating called "27 Creative and Inexpensive Ways to Keep Kids Busy this Summer." While all the ideas were pretty great, there was one that stood out to me as something I wanted to do NOW, with my dog.

So, what better way to kick off the start of June than by playing in our own DIY sprinkler?

You can find the original directions here, but it's a very easy process, and all you have to do is drink a 2 liter bottle of soda, poke holes in it (you only want to do it on the top and sides) and tape it to a hose. The website recommends duct tape, but not having any I just used plain old Scotch tape, and while it didn't hold up super well, it lasted the entire amount of time that we played!

Here are some pictures of Apple playing in it:

He mostly wanted to drink the water!

It worked just like a real sprinkler and it was so much fun! I put on my swimsuit and played in it too. 

Then we took some more pictures when we were drying off in the grass:


I just love my dog.
It was really fun, and it only costs as much as the soda bottle itself (unless of course, I invest in some duct tape for next time,) so it really is creative and inexpensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment