Wednesday, February 6, 2013

City Council Considering Mabel Davis Dog Park

A reader, Tim Thomas, recently informed me that Austin City Council is currently considering building a new off-leash dog park in Mabel Davis Park, in Southeast Austin, and near St. Edward's University! (I am an SEU alum.)


I was very excited to learn about this park and sent City Council an email offering my support for it. Not only do I love dog parks, but I also love getting involved with local community issues, especially those related to development. (I am currently waiting to find out if I am accepted to grad school to study Community and Regional Planning.)

The plans for the park look pretty awesome. Although it is planned to be fenced in, and I personally prefer unfenced (due to owner attentiveness) the plans include an agility area which would be SO MUCH FUN, and would truly be like a doggie playground!

Plans for the park

If you would like to show your support for this dog park, you can like the Facebook page, or drop an email directly to City Council. You could play a part in helping this park become a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment